Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Arrival

When the plane landed the unimaginable happened, something we did not expect to happen. Many of us began to stand up and look for our bags but were told to sit. Quarantine officials got on the plane wearing latex gloves and blue sealed masks armed with temperature guns. At the time I did not know what was happening. First I was told to pull my bangs back. Next, the quarantine official aimed the temperature gun to my forehead. I was in shock. I would have expected at least a warning.

We all made it of the 14-hour plane ride safe. Luckily, no one was found to be sick. According to CNN, anyone sitting three rows from a confirmed Swine Flu patient can be quarantine.

Once inside the airport we passed several temperature checkpoints. There were two tall poles, which showed the temperature of the people passing through. Luck was on our side that day! We all made it out the airport and onto the bus, which took us to our first home away from home, Tsinghua University.

From Yilin Wang

1 comment:

Paola said...

That is kinda scary for them to come on with mask and such!